Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Le fin :(


 Please enjoy the photos from the past week - probably the last interesting things I'll have to show you before I leave in 3 days! As you can see, Christmas is in full swing here in Paris and even the Pantheon is getting in the spirit :)



Thursday night was Tenny's birthday celebration at my favorite restaurant in Paris, Pomze! Everything there is made with some kind of apple ingredient, and it's absolutely amazingly delicious...


My entree:  Cromesqui de Fourme d’Ambert, compote de Reinettes et salade d’automne
Warm blue cheese with apple preserve and salad



Plat: Filets de bar sur peau, au miel de Tentation, sauce pain d’épices, panaché de tubercules d’automne
Sea bass with gingerbread sauce, seasonal tubers and apples



Dessert: Fondant chocolat, coeur de pomme, glace caramel au beurre salé
Warm apple & chocolate fondant, salted butter caramel ice cream

As you can see, I am thoroughly enamored with the food at Pomze. I just needed to share some of its fabulousness with you!



On Saturday, Tenny and I visited the Musee d'Orsay, my favorite art museum probably in the world. Which isn't saying much, but it's one I can actually mostly appreciate and not get super bored in :)



Oh, just me and Vincent



"Buche de Noel" - Christmas log - is a traditional French holiday dessert that I've been desperately waiting to see! They are generally very expensive to buy a full size, but most patisseries sell mini ones like these! Quite delicious - the minis are mousse with filling in the center, while the large ones are usually cake rolled with cream (like a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake)! If you get fancy with it, they can be decorated with marzipan mushrooms to look like a real log, or all gold flaked and fancy (and cost 50 euros)...



Eclairs at Fauchon, the most expensive grocery store in Paris! Cool to see, but I'm not sure it's worth the price tag that is often 3 times more expensive, like these eclairs for 6 euros each. And yes, that is the Mona Lisa looking at you...



Tenny and I had to revisit L'As du Falafel, the most incredible falafel joint in all the world, before we returned to the states. No, seriously. I probably rank this among the top things I will miss when I return home!



This is heaven in a pita. 


I'll leave you with this beautiful image of the Galeries Lafayette, one of Paris's "grands magasins" - ridiculously gigantic department stores with gourmet restaurants inside (think Nordstrom but NICER and BIGGER)!


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Exploring the city, earning my doctorate in physical therapy, sometimes sleeping and always baking! Life is a little crazy but always good - one of the things that make it all worth it is playing in my kitchen and sharing the results with the people I love.

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream