Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fun things from the past couple of weeks...

Here are a few fun pictures from the past couple of weeks!




Apparently when the French take their children on school field trips, they all have to wear FLOURESCENT yellow vests! I encountered this adorable group on my way home from school in the park. Adorable.


Shops are starting to all have beautiful holiday decorations over their doorways!
Never fails to make me smile :)
This is Jean Charles Rocheaux, a famous chocolate maker near school.


My friend Stephanie from French class (she's a student at Gonzaga who's staying here for a year) took me to her favorite restaurant, Le Laurier, for lunch. Here you can see my entree - a puff pastry covered with caramelized apple puree, smoked duck breast, and lettuce with an herb cream sauce - and my glass of Beaujolais Nouveau (a highly anticipated new red wine that comes out the 3rd Thursday of November every year and is the cause for much celebration in France!)

 

Here is my plat - duck breast cooked with a cherry and red wine sauce...



... and dessert, an apple tart with raspberry syrup!



Me and Stephanie!
Don't worry folks, I don't normally eat this way. I can't afford it :P

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Exploring the city, earning my doctorate in physical therapy, sometimes sleeping and always baking! Life is a little crazy but always good - one of the things that make it all worth it is playing in my kitchen and sharing the results with the people I love.

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream