Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fantastic voyage

Hi everyone! I don't have the time to write much this morning and last night was crazy busy, but I wanted to say that I got here in one piece and am jet lagged beyond belief! For those of you who know me well, going to bed at 2am and waking up at 10am still tired is just not going to cut it... gotta start scheduling myself! My apartment is TINY - one bedroom, one bathroom and a small kitchen (no oven = not ok) and doesn't have any storage space! Tenny and I will literally be living out of suitcases for the next three months. We have wifi internet, but the landlady didn't give us toilet paper. Hmm. Last night, we got to our apartment around 5pm and had to meet our advisor to walk over to a welcome dinner at 7pm. So we barely had any time to unpack and freshen up before that! It was definitely a whirlwind. But for some reason, Tawna was super late meeting us and at 7:30, Tenny and I decided to take matters into our own hands and just walk to the restaurant. Luckily we were only a few blocks away, but we felt pretty good about our navigating skills! More to come tonight when I have a chance to upload pictures and describe more! Love to everyone, I miss you so much!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Exploring the city, earning my doctorate in physical therapy, sometimes sleeping and always baking! Life is a little crazy but always good - one of the things that make it all worth it is playing in my kitchen and sharing the results with the people I love.

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream