Thursday, October 8, 2009

I love my jazz club!

Tonight was one of the most fun nights I've had here, and it was literally right downstairs! At 9pm Tenny and I walked downstairs to the cafe - which took all of 30 seconds - grabbed a glass of wine and nestled ourselves at a small table in a prime location to see the stage. I had a glass of "vin rouge" because it was 1 euro cheaper than red wines with an actual name. What the heck, it does the trick right? Anyway, we were in for a fantastic surprise because we thought we were going to see a jazz quartet doing a lot of oldies but instead were greeted with a group of about 10 twentysomething French men and women who did covers of famous American songs - in French! They said they were called the "Tis tics" but I can't find them on Google... Anyway, the emcee started out each song by reading the lyrics of an English song translated directly into French. The audience then had to yell out the name of the song as soon as we could figure it out. When we had guessed it, a combination of the singers and musicians would come out and sing a hilarious version of it (sometimes a different tempo and feel, always with ridiculous choreography). We're talking Hotel California, Wannabe (by the Spice Girls), It's Raining Men (Il pleut les hommes!), Billy Jean, Hello (Bonjour!), Mr. Sandman, and a couple of others. I had a smile on my face the whole set, and that's not just because of the wine :) Oh, and one of the guys was really really hot. Really.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Exploring the city, earning my doctorate in physical therapy, sometimes sleeping and always baking! Life is a little crazy but always good - one of the things that make it all worth it is playing in my kitchen and sharing the results with the people I love.

Followers

 
Background by Jennifer Furlotte / Pixels and IceCream